Close this search box.
Close this search box.

How to Apply

CWC is an open-enrollment school – that means all students are accepted once their application has been submitted! Follow these steps to get started on your path to admission. 

 1) Apply for CWC admission

  2) Complete the Free Ruffalo Noel Levitz (RNL) Intake Assessment

  3) Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships

  • Apply for CWC Scholarships between October 1 and March 1 each year at
  • Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at The CWC code is: 005018. FAFSA is required if you want to be eligible for institutional scholarships, federal grants, student loans, and work-study programs.

 4) Transcripts 

  • Request that your high school send your official high school or high school equivalency (GED/HISET) transcript. Contact any colleges that you previously attended, including those in which you received dual/concurrent and/or AP credit while attending high school, and request official transcript(s) be either emailed to, faxed to 307-855-2092, or mailed to: Rustler Central – Records, Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave.,  Riverton, WY 82501.  NOTE: CWC must have all of your official transcripts on file to finalize financial aid.

5) Placement Scores/Testing

  • Submit ACT or SAT scores or complete our math placement test.  Math placement scores expire after two years. If you have earned college credit in math and/or English, official transcript(s) must be on file for Success Coach review.

 6) Register for Classes and New Student Orientation (NSO)

  • Your Success Coach will schedule an appointment with you in person or via Zoom, phone, or email.

 7) Textbooks

  • The CWC Bookstore is located on the Riverton main campus in the Student Center. You can purchase your textbooks either online at, on campus, or by phone at 307-855-2201. Students may charge CWC Bookstore purchases to their CWC account (pending available financial aid/scholarships) two weeks before class begins provided CWC has received all required financial aid documentation.

8) Payment Plan

  • If you do not have pending financial aid (scholarships, loans, Pell Grant), or you do not have sufficient funds to cover your bill, please contact the CWC Business Office at 307-855-2156 to make payment arrangements prior to classes starting.

9) Other enrollment considerations:

  • Campus Tour/Discover Day – We highly recommend you visit  the CWC campus. Sign up at 
  • Equine Center Boarding Information – For information and Equine Center boarding rates, call 307-855-2287 
  • Housing – Campus housing is available on the main campus and Alpine Science Institute (Lander). You will need to complete the housing application and pay the $100 deposit (required to process the application). Riverton CWC housing residents are required to purchase an on-campus meal plan. For all housing inquiries contact 307-855-2210. To complete the housing application, access a virtual housing tour, view housing rates, and pay the required $100 housing deposit go to
  • Disability Services – If you are in need of accommodations or need to discuss services, please contact 307-855-2011 or email 
  • TRiOStudent Support Services – To find out how TRiO-SSS can assist you, visit  You are eligible if you meet any one of the following:
    • You are a first-generation college student (parent(s)/guardian(s) did not earn a bachelor’s degree before you turned 18 years of age).
    • You meet federal low-income guidelines.
    • You have a documented physical or learning disability.
Play Video about 2016 Student Ambassadors
CWC is a friendly campus- see for yourself!

Contact Rustler Central

Have questions? Contact the Rustler Central Team at any point!

Call 307-855-2115